We welcomed the 15 biotech startups of Seoul VC Connect’s Batch 1 a couple of months ago to help them prepare for BIO Digital, one of the world’s leading life sciences events.
Formerly the BIO International Conference, BIO Digital was held virtually for the first time in 2020 in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. The week-long online gathering brought together 7,000 participants from 64 countries across 28 time zones.
Seoul VC Connect is also supporting Batch 1’s fundraising and international partnering efforts through the rest of this year.
We’ve already arranged 74 meetings for the participating startups, including meetings with major biotech players such as Sanofi, Roche Diagnostics, Novartis, Merck and GlaxoSmithKline.
Three Batch 1 startups — Brilliant & Com, Geneology and AIDOT — also took part in a pitching event on September 15 with Entrepreneurs Roundtable Accelerator, New York’s oldest and largest accelerator program.
If you’re interested in learning more about the companies click on their name to download the 2-page overview of each one.
Let us briefly present our BATCH 1 startups:
- AIDOT has an AI diagnostic solution that makes cervical cancer screening faster, easier and more accurate.
- AITRICS developed an AI-powered in-patient sepsis risk and alarm for hospitals.
- Brilliant & Co. created portable air quality sensors with apps that track environmental air quality data.
- CurioChips is a next-generation organ-on-a-chip company that develops in-vitro 3D cell culture architectures.
- Gene Medicine develops oncolytic cancer therapies to overcome the limitations of existing treatments.
- Genealogy uses AI to improve the quality of DNA test results without any in-person appointments or invasive tests.
- HaimBio has developed a metabolism-based cancer therapy that kills cancer cells by starving them of energy.
- KaiPharm uses AI and Big Data to improve drug discovery processes, improving assessment of drug candidates.
- Medipixel has created a number of novel solutions that use Artificial Intelligence to assist intervention surgeons.
- MX Bio developed a suite of three complementary solutions that can help prevent and cure periodontal disease.
- Nu Eyne has developed a product that treats dry eye syndrome with electroceutical technology.
- Plcoskin has developed a scaffold that makes breast reconstruction surgery procedures safer and cheaper.
- StemLab transforms soma cells into stem cells to regenerate central nervous system tissues.
- ViroCure develops more effective cancer therapeutics and vaccine development with oncolytic virotherapy.
- YBSOFT has developed a solution that stops wheelchairs from rolling away when sitting down or standing up.
We’d love to tell you more about the services Seoul-VC-Connect offers.